What are the effects of tobacco smoking?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What are the effects of tobacco smoking?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 21 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What are the effects of tobacco smoking?» often ask the following questions:
🚬 Some effects of smoking tobacco?
The major effect of smoking tobacco, or any other use of it, is cancer. Tobacco use contributes to many cancers, notably lung cancer but including cancer of the gums, tongue, stomach, and bladder. As the number of smokers in the US has plunged over the years, so has the rate of people getting lung cancer. Once the number one killer cancer, lung cancer has now yielded that "honor." Smoking tobacco can also cause lung cancer in non-smokers and can provoke asthma outbreaks in non-smokers.
- What are the long term effects of smoking tobacco?
- What are some effects on a fetus while smoking tobacco?
- What are 5 effects of smoking cigarettes?
🚬 What are long term effects of smoking tobacco?
lung damage maybe death
- What are some nasty effects of smoking?
- What are the effects of smoking addiction?
- What are the harmful effects of smoking?
🚬 What are the effects of smoking pure tobacco?
Tobacco smoking can lead to lung cancer, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. It increases the risk of heart disease, which can lead to stroke or heart attack. Smoking has also been linked to other cancers, leukemia, cataracts, and pneumonia. Smokeless tobacco increases the risk of cancer, especially mouth cancers.
1 other answer
Many persons who smoke have health problems like heart diseases or lung illness, tobacco smoking affects the brain , has a bad influence on your blood pressure.
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «What are the effects of tobacco smoking?» so you can surely find the answer!
What are the effects of casual weed smoking?
What are the effects of smoking bong water?
You will get 7 eyes
What are the effects of smoking on lungs?
they get clogged up with tar which is a black, gooey substance in the cigarettes that you breathe in
What are the good effects of smoking cigarettes?
A variety of mechanisms for potentially beneficial effects of smoking have been proposed, but three predominate: the 'anti-estrogenic effect' of smoking; alterations in prostaglandin production; and stimulation of nicotinic cholinergic receptors in the central nervous system.
What are the health effects for smoking hookah?
While research about hookah smoking is still emerging, evidence shows that it poses many dangers:
- Hookah smoke contains high levels of toxic compounds, including tar, carbon monoxide, heavy metals and cancer-causing chemicals (carcinogens). In fact, hookah smokers are exposed to more carbon monoxide and smoke than are cigarette smokers.
- As with cigarette smoking, hookah smoking is linked to lung and oral cancers, heart disease, and other serious illnesses.
- Hookah smoking delivers about the same amount of nicotine as cigarette smoking, possibly leading to tobacco dependence.
- Hookah smoke poses dangers associated with secondhand smoke.
- Hookah smoking by pregnant women can result in low birth weight babies.
- Hookah pipes used in hookah bars and cafes may not be cleaned properly, risking the spread of infectious diseases.
What are the health effects of smoking cigarettes?
- Health effects of nicotine are substantial. Smoking cigarettes, cigars or pipes leads to development of health problems like cancer, emphysema, heart disease.
What are the medical effects of smoking cigarettes?
- Medically, smoking has a number of effects on emotion based on the way that nicotine affects the body. Cigarettes are an "upper", which can both increase anxiety and elevate mood.
What are the negative effects of smoking cigarettes?
- Most smokers and non-smokers are aware of the negative health effects of cigarette smoking. It is clearly stated in the simplest TV advertisement from tobacco cigarette manufacturers that smoking can kill, causes cancer, and may hurt your children.
What are the positive effects of smoking cigarettes?
- found that nicotine and/or smoking produces positive effects involving fine motor skills, attention and memory. The investigators conclude: “The significant effects of nicotine on motor abilities, attention, and memory likely represent true performance enhancement because they are not confounded by withdrawal relief.
One of the side effects of smoking or chewing tobacco is bad breath?
What can tobacco smoking cause?
that directly or indirectly, tobacco causes more than 400,000 deaths in the U.S. annually, a figure that represents nearly 20 percent of all U.S. deaths. These deaths have been attributed to a number of conditions defined as tobacco-related, including heart disease (115,000 deaths), cancer (136,000), chronic pulmonary disease (60,000), and stroke (27,000). According to a study published by the British medical journal Lancet, the rate of tobacco-related mortality throughout the entire developed world also averages about 20 percent of all deaths.
What are common side effects from tobacco?
you will die :@
What are the harmful effects of tobacco?
Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Smoking also increases risk for tuberculosis, certain eye diseases, and problems of the immune system, including rheumatoid arthritis.
What are the negative effects of tobacco?
- Tobacco users are also at greater risk of throat, mouth and oesophageal cancers. Heart. Tobacco consumption has many negative effects on the heart. The chemicals in it can increase your heart rate and constrict blood vessels throughout the body and thereby, up the risk for heart disease or stroke.
What are the physical effects of tobacco?
increase of carcinogens in the body which is a primary cause of lung cancer
What are 3 short term effects of smoking cigarettes?
what are 3 shout term effects for smoking
What are some of the harmful effects of smoking?
- The Harmful Effects of Tobacco Use 1 Heart Disease and Stroke. Cigarette smoking is a major cause of heart disease and stroke and causes 1 in every 4 deaths from heart disease and stroke. 2 Lung Disease. Cigarette smoking can cause lung disease by damaging the airways and the small air sacs (alveoli) found in the lungs. 3 Diabetes…
What are the effects of smoking on your mouth?
- It can lead to a laundry list of diseases and can be problematic for just about every organ in your body. Smoking also has detrimental effects on your mouth.
What are the effects of smoking on your teeth?
- Smoking also has detrimental effects on your mouth. It can make your breath stink, discolor your teeth and give you smoker's tongue, lead to tooth decay, gum infections, periodontal disease, can result in tooth loss, and can even cause oral cancer.
What are the long term effects of smoking cigarettes?
- One of the most well-known long-term effects of smoking is cancer, and smoking can cause cancer of the lungs, the mouth, throat, stomach, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, and the cervix. Smoking may also cause myeloid leukemia which is a cancer of the bone marrow that affects blood cell production.
Is one of the side effects of smoking or chewing tobacco is bad breath?