12734 best questions for Grown tobacco
We've collected 12734 best questions in the «Grown tobacco» category so you can quickly find the answer to your question!
Those interested in the Grown tobacco category often ask the following questions:
🚬 Is tobacco grown naturally?
Yes tobacco is grown like any other crop all over the world.
🚬 Where was tobacco grown?
In the United States, tobacco is grown in Tennessee, central Kentucky, and Virginia. Globally, tobacco is grown in many countries. By far the largest is China, growing almost ten times the amount grown in the U.S.
🚬 Why is tobacco grown?
It is a profitable crop that can be grown in poor soils. Companies and merchants make great profits from selling tobacco to consumers.
🚬 Were is tobacco grown?
It is grown in warm places like VA.
🚬 Where is tobacco grown?
Tobacco is grown in warm climates all over the world. It is a green, leafy plant.In the United States the states where most tobacco is grown is within Virginia, Kentucky and central Tennessee. Some examples of Types of tobacco and where they are grown:Brightleaf tobacco, Brightleaf is commonly known as "Virginia tobacco", often regardless of which state they are planted. Prior to the American Civil War, most tobacco grown in the US was fire-cured dark-leaf. This type of tobacco was planted in fertile lowlands, used a robust variety of leaf, and was either fire cured or air cured. Most Canadian cigarettes are made from 100% pure Virginia tobacco.Perique, A farmer called Pierre Chenet is credited with first turning this local tobacco into the Perique in 1824 through the technique of pressure-fermentation. Considered the truffle of pipe tobaccos, it is used as a component in many blended pipe tobaccos, but is too strong to be smoked pure. At one time, the freshly moist Perique was also chewed, but none is now sold for this purpose. It is typically blended with pure Virginia to lend spice, strength, and coolness to the blend. Oriental tobacco, is a sun-cured, highly aromatic, small-leafed variety (Nicotiana tabacum) that is grown in Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, and Macedonia. Oriental tobacco is frequently referred to as "Turkish tobacco", as these regions were all historically part of the Ottoman Empire. Many of the early brands of cigarettes were made mostly or entirely of Oriental tobacco; today, its main use is in blends of pipe and especially cigarette tobacco (a typical American cigarette is a blend of bright Virginia, burley and Oriental). Wild Tobacco, is native to the southwestern United States, Mexico, and parts of South America. Its botanical name is Nicotiana rustica.
Video from Grown tobacco
We’ve collected for you several video answers to questions from the «Grown tobacco» category:
Video answer: Some tobacco farms are currently using child labor in the united states?
Video answer: Made in the usa: child labor & tobacco
Video answer: How cigar is made - tobacco plantation agriculture technology - tobacco farm and harvesting
Video answer: How to grow tobacco in uk #1 (seed sowing harvest explained)
Top 12714 questions from Grown tobacco
We’ve collected for you 12714 similar questions from the «Grown tobacco» category:
Where is tobacco grown today?
tobacco is grown in Maryland
Where is tobacco grown in tanzania?
Tobacco is mainly grown in the miombo woodland regions of central western and south- ern highlands of Tanzania, where growers clear vast areas for farms and consume large quantites of natural wood for curing the crop (Mangora 2005, 2012; Ntibiyoboka 2014; Abdallah et al.
Where is tobacco grown in canada?
The Ontario tobacco belt is the tobacco-growing region located in Norfolk County and eastern Elgin County in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. The region is close to the north shore of Lake Erie, with a moderate climate and sandy, silt-loam soils that are well-suited to a wide variety of crops.
Why is tobacco grown in nc?
because i farted on sunshine woaaa its time to feel good dennne
Where is amber leaf tobacco grown?
- Amber Leaf is a budget friendly Virginia rolling tobacco. Founded in 1991 and produced by the well-known Japan Tobacco it became very successful in various countries like USA, Japan and the UK. It comes in various sizes such as Amber Leaf 12.5 g, 25 and 50.
Was tobacco grown in massachusetts colony?
Tobacco was not grown in Massachusetts
Can tobacco be grown in winter?
The best tobacco is grown in warm, dry climate. You must schedule your transplanting and harvesting so that the cold winter months don't coincide with your gardening. Three to four months of frost-free weather is crucial. The ideal temperature is between 20° and 30° C, and direct sunlight is necessary.
Where is tobacco grown in nc?
- Flue-cured tobacco accounts for all but about 9 million acres of the state’s crop and is grown in the Piedmont and Coastal Plain areas. Leaves are pulled from the stalk as they ripen and cured in barns using heat. Burley tobacco, grown in the mountains, is harvested by cutting the stalk and curing it without heat.
Is smoking home grown tobacco healthier?
Whether homegrown tobacco is cheaper is debatable… But the parallel reasoning for growing your own — that homegrown tobacco is healthier by virtue of having none of the additives found in commercial cigarettes, as purported on various Internet sites — unfortunately is not true. The stuff will still kill you.
Is tobacco grown on southern plantation?
tobacco was one of the main crops when the colonies first started and there were some tobacco plantations but cotton quickly became the main crop of the southern states when the cottong gin was invented and other crops diminished.
Two colonies were tobacco was grown?
Virginia and Maryland
Is tobacco a naturally grown plant?
as opposed to what? unnaturally grown crops?
Can tobacco be grown in arkansas?
Where is tobacco grown in tn?
some where around Memphis tn
Is tobacco grown for cigarettes differe.t than tobacco for cigars?
What's the difference between a cigar and a cigarette?
- Cigar is originally an agricultural product that is usually seen wrapped in a leaf tobacco used for smoking. The main chemical used is nicotine, and it is the main contributor for making tobacco smoking habit forming. Cigarettes are finely cut tobacco leaves wrapped in paper for smoking.
How was tobacco grown in the 1600s?
Most of the tobacco sold in England, however, was produced by plantation owners who learned the skill of cropmaster at their fathers' knees. These planters relied on the unskilled labor of indentured servants or slaves for the bulk of cultivation and production tasks… Knee-high hills were made every three or four feet.
Where was the tobacco in 1604 grown?
In the 1600's, tobacco was grown in the southern colonies. The main colony that grew tobacco was the Virginia colony.
Where is american spirit organic tobacco grown?
- Over the years, the farm-to-lung journey of a pack of Natural American Spirits carved a serpentine path from the fields of North Carolina, Virginia, and Kentucky to manufacturers in Lower Manhattan, South Miami, and St. Petersburg, Fla., before the cartons arrived in Santa Fe to be put into circulation back across the country.
Which 2 regions is tobacco grown in?
tobacco is grown in Maryland and Virginia
Where is tobacco mainly grown in zimbabwe?
Three main types of tobacco are grown in Zimbabwe, namely flue-cured, burley and oriental tobacco. Of these, flue-cured is by far the most important and is generally produced in the better rainfall areas to the north and east of Harare.
Where is tobacco grown in south carolina?
What type of climate is tobacco grown?
dry and sunny
Where is the majority of tobacco grown?
Tobacco production is primarily concentrated in regions with a mild and sunny climate, which is suitable for the cultivation of tobacco plants. China, India and Brazil were rated among the leading producers worldwide, followed by the United States.
When was tobacco first grown in va?
1611In 1611 Rolfe, known as “an ardent smoker,” decided to experiment with cultivating tobacco in Jamestown.
Why is tobacco allowed to be grown?
It boosts the ecomnomy
Where can tobacco be grown in america?
The leading tobacco producing states in the U.S. include North Carolina, Kentucky and Virginia. North Carolina lies in the Virginia-Carolina tobacco belt and topped the list in 2016 with a tobacco production over 331 million pounds.
Where is rice indigo tobacco cotton grown?
it was grown on the ground haha:)
When was tobacco first grown in virginia?
Virginia tobacco is a type of tobacco that has been grown in the US since 1612. First Virginia was grown by John Rolfe and his wife, Pocahontas, who were living in Jamestown at the time. It was named after their plantation, which they called Varina Farms Plantation.
How much tobacco is grown in the us?
The United States is the fourth largest tobacco-producing country in the world, following China, India, and Brazil. Farms in the United States harvested more than 533 million pounds of tobacco in 2018. In 2018, two states–North Carolina and Kentucky–accounted for more than 70% of total tobacco cultivation.
How is tobacco grown in the united states?
- Tobacco is cultivated similarly to other agricultural products. Seeds are sown in cold frames or hotbeds to prevent attacks from insects, and then transplanted into the fields. Tobacco is an annual crop, which is usually harvested mechanically or by hand.
What kind of tobacco is grown in india?
- Today, tobacco is one of the major commercial crops grown in India. Various types of tobaccos are cultivated in India for use in tobacco products such as Cigarette, Bidi, Cigar, Cheroot, Hookah, Chewing and Snuff etc.
What types of tobacco are grown in uganda?
burley and virginia,
What kind of tobacco is grown in connecticut?
- This is because the demand for traditional Shade tobacco grown in the Connecticut River Valley for premium cigars has been on the decline in recent years. Instead, many cigar manufacturers are turning towards Connecticut-seed “Shade” tobacco grown in Ecuador, which typically yields more consistent leaf and is less expensive.
Can to tobacco be grown in an aerogarden?
Can You Grow your own seeds in an Aerogarden?
- Yes, you can! With the Grow Anything Kits you can grow your own seeds. The kits come with everything you need. Just use your own seeds and plant in your AeroGarden. Using an AeroGarden makes indoor gardening so much easier and gives you many growing options.
Where is tobacco grown in the united states?
- Tobacco is grown on the Piedmont Plateau and Coastal Plain. 90% of tobacco raised in the U.S.A is raised in the Southeast. The leading state is North Carolina. It is planted in the early spring and is harvested in July.
Where was the first shade grown tobacco made?
- This new “shade tobacco” became the third and most famous variety of valley-grown tobacco. Windsor first experimented with shade-grown tobacco in 1900. Farmers grew a half-acre of tobacco under these conditions on a plot of land on River Street in the village of Poquonock.
Where jute and tobacco are grown in pakistan?
tobacco is grown in warm climates and jute is grown in jungle.
Where are tobacco leaf grown in the world?
- Countries That Grow Tobacco 1 Virginia Leaf. This light and airy tobacco is grown in the warmer climates in the United States, Brazil, India, Tanzania, China, and Argentina. 2 Oriental Leaf. Oriental tobacco is mostly grown in the Mediterranean countries of Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, and Bulgaria. 3 Burley Leaf…
Where is most tobacco grown in the world?
Tobacco production worldwide 2019, by country
In that year, China was the biggest tobacco producer worldwide with an amount of some 2.61 million metric tons of tobacco produced.
Where was tobacco grown in the united states?
- To reach this total, tobacco was grown in about nineteen states in the US. Of these, the states of North Carolina, Georgia, and Kentucky combined to account for almost eighty percent of the production.
Where jute tobacco and rice grown in pakistan?
How are different types of tobacco plants grown?
- Several types of tobacco are grown, depending on their use: Fire -curing is basically what the name suggests; open fires are used so that the smoke can reach the leaves. The smoke makes the leaves darker colored and more distinctly flavored.
How is a us tobacco plant is grown?
- Tobacco plants growing in a field in Intercourse, Pennsylvania, 2006 The cultivation of tobacco usually takes place annually. The tobacco is germinated in cold frames or hotbeds and then transplanted to the field until it matures. It is grown in warm climates with rich, well-drained soil.
How much american tobacco is grown in america?
How much tobacco does the United States produce?
- Tobacco farms in the US produced approximately 800 million pounds of tobacco in the year 2012. To reach this total, tobacco was grown in about nineteen states in the US.
In which u.s. state was tobacco first grown?
Tobacco had already long been used in the Americas when European settlers arrived. This was of course long before there were any U. S. states.
Where is connecticut shade tobacco grown in massachusetts?
- Connecticut shade tobacco is a tobacco grown under shade in the Connecticut River valley of Connecticut, Massachusetts, and southern Vermont. It is used primarily for binder and wrapper for premium cigars.
Where was tobacco first grown in the world?
Tobacco use has been documented for over 8,000 years. Tobacco cultivation likely began in 5000 BC with the development of maize-based agriculture in Central Mexico. Radiocarbon methods have established the remains of cultivated and wild tobacco in the High Rolls Cave in New Mexico from 1400 – 1000 BC.
What kind of tobacco is grown in honduras?
- The tobaccos grown in Honduras are mostly Cuban seed, and both Cuban Criollo and shade-grown Corojo are cultivated for their strong flavors, along with Connecticut shade for wrapper, sometimes called ‘Honduran shade’. There are three main growing regions in Honduras.
Where was tobacco still grown in colonial virginia?
- Tobacco was still grown in Tidewater Virginia and some beyond the western boundary of the Piedmont, but by this time Tidewater had ceased to be the “tobacco country” of previous years. The harsh species of tobacco which Rolfe found the Indians cultivating.
Why was tobacco grown in the mid atlantic region?
- Tobacco: Mid-Atlantic North America. Tobacco plantations thrived in the temperate climate of the Mid-Atlantic region of North America starting with the English colony of Virginia in the seventeenth century. In contrast to sugar, European settlers could make a profit growing tobacco with smaller slaveholdings and less labor exertion.