Asked By: Kenna Jaskolski
Date created: Wed, Nov 3, 2021 4:01 AM
Date updated: Thu, Sep 8, 2022 5:07 AM
Top best answers to the question «How does tobacco deliver its effects»
What are the physical health consequences of tobacco use?
- Although nicotine itself does not cause cancer, at least 69 chemicals in tobacco smoke are carcinogenic,1 and cigarette smoking accounts for at least 30 percent of all cancer deaths. Foremost among the cancers caused by tobacco use is lung cancer.
- Low socioeconomic status
- Use and approval of tobacco use by peers or siblings
- Exposure to smoking in movies
- Lack of skills to resist influences to tobacco use
- Smoking by parents or guardians and/or lack of parental support or involvement
- Accessibility,availability,and price of tobacco products
- A perception that tobacco use is the norm