Video answer: 100 gk questions and answers in english || india gk questions answers for indian exams || part -8
Top best answers to the question «From where did india introduce cultivation of tobacco tapioca pineapple»
Pacific IslandsIndia introduced cultivation of Tobacco, tapioca,pineapple from Pacific Islands.
The Portuguese introduced in India a number of new crops like cashew nuts, tobacco, tapioca, pineapple, papaya and many others.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «From where did india introduce cultivation of tobacco tapioca pineapple?» often ask the following questions:
🚬 How did the development of tobacco cultivation transform the chesapeake?
The unique environment of the Chesapeake region had a profound impact on the Europeans who settled there in the 1600s and 1700s… The growth of tobacco as the primary cash crop in the region affected the labor market, as well, as the system of indentured servitude was supplanted by that of enslaved African labor.
🚬 What was the cultivation of tobacco in england?
- Tobacco: Colonial Cultivation Methods By 1640, London was importing nearly a million and a half pounds of tobacco annually from Virginia. Soon English tobacconists were extolling the virtues of the colony's tobacco with labels bearing such verses as: Life is a smoke!
🚬 What were the advantages of tobacco cultivation in the colonies?
- Tobacco: Colonial Cultivation Methods. Another advantage of cultivating tobacco was, although the crop was labor intensive, the labor need not be skilled. Unlike glassblowing or flax and silk cultivation, the tasks associated with tobacco were simple and could be quickly mastered by children or adults.
🚬 When did tobacco cultivation start in india?
Tobacco cultivation in India was introduced by Portuguese in 1605. Initially tobacco was grown in Kaira and Mehsana districts of Gujarat and later spread to other areas of the country.
🚬 Where did samuel gawith get his tobacco from?
- The history of tobacco in Kendal starts here, with Thomas Harrison bringing from Scotland not only the secrets of snuff manufacture, but 50 odd ton of second hand equipment — all by horseback — back in 1792. Harrison passed the company and equipment down to his son-in-law, Samuel Gawith, whose company Samuel Gawith & Co, continues to this day.
🚬 Where did tobacco come from in south america?
- Tobacco most likely originated in South America, but even before Europeans began spreading it across the world it had traveled throughout the Americas and even to Australia and Africa, though these species may not have had a high nicotine content. p. 1 The genus Nicotiana Linnaeus is of South American origin.
🚬 Where did tobacco iriginate?
Tobacco cultivation likely began in 5000 BC with the development of maize-based agriculture in Central Mexico. Radiocarbon methods have established the remains of cultivated and wild tobacco in the High Rolls Cave in New Mexico from 1400 – 1000 BC.
🚬 Where did tobacco originally come from in africa?
- They brought it from their one-time South American colony, Brazil, to their settlements on the West African coast around the turn of the 17th Century. Tobacco soon replaced Indian hemp, known today as “dagga” (cannabis), which was already known and grown widely but soon came to be regarded as second-best compared to tobacco.
🚬 Where did tobacco originate from?
There was never a specific spot, but mostly in the Southern portion of the US. It's been known of since the Native Americans have been here.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «From where did india introduce cultivation of tobacco tapioca pineapple?» so you can surely find the answer!Where was tobacco cultivation most important?
Southern states. It needs hot, humid climate to grow.Who introduced cultivation of tobacco in india?
Tobacco cultivation in India was introduced by Portuguese in 1605. Initially tobacco was grown in Kaira and Mehsana districts of Gujarat and later spread to other areas of the country. Attempt to improve Indian tobacco has begun with the establishment of the Calcutta Botanical gardens in Howrah in 1787.Who introduced cultivation of tobacco?
Columbus discovered America and tobacco in 1492 in his effort to find a direct sea-route to India, which was at that time the sole supplier of some essential commodities required by European countries. One of the traveling teams that visited South America and India introduced tobacco into India in the year 1508.Who introduced tobacco cultivation in india?
PortugueseThe Portuguese perhaps introduced tobacco into India in the 16th or in the 17th century. Who was the first person to introduce tobacco?
- The general English population was most likely first introduced to tobacco by Sir John Hawkins, who displayed it with the riches he accrued from a voyage to Florida in 1565. Probably the most famous Englishman associated with the introduction of tobacco is Sir Walter Ralegh.
- Tobacco cultivation is responsible for a myriad of environmental problems, including land and water pollution due to pesticides as well as deforestation. Tobacco plants are prone to many insect pests, and therefore tobacco farmers are forced to use pesticides to keep the plants healthy.